Who are we ?
Altema company designs, manufactures and distributes conveyor drums and pulleys for industrials equipments.
Altema manufactures products using plans or according to the customer's specifications.
The drum solution
The ALTEMA Company designs, manufactures and distributes conveyor drums and pulleys for industrial applications.
Thanks to our experience, manufacturing processes and fully equipped machine park, we can produce many different types of mechanically welded cylinders to meet any specifications, from the standard to the highly specific.
ALTEMA works with a whole range of industries, from ore transport, food and agriculture, waste management and the steel industry to farm machinery, port and airport equipment and the automobile sector.
ALTEMA is a subsidiary of the FIDEIP Group. We are the number one drum manufacturer in France.
A wide range of drum calibers
The ALTEMA Company can produce conveyor drums in a wide range of sizes.
The drums can be uncoated or rubber-protected with various types of shaft/side connection: hubs welded onto the sides, removable conic hubs with or without cotter pins, UCFC flange housings and shrink discs. The rubber coatings available range from smooth rubber to ceramic coated and a wide range of other technical supports.
The ALTEMA Company can also design any other system upon request, or using the client's technical specifications. Thanks to the constant checks and monitoring throughout the manufacturing process, our products are guaranteed to be of the highest quality and extremely reliable.
What are the secrets to our success? World-famous tools and industrial expertise, the ability to adapt to any situation and a rapid response to any problem that arises. This is what enables us to provide our clients with the solutions they need!
ALTEMA's history: 13 major dates for the company
- 1995: The company was founded in Mouilleron-en-Pareds (1200m²)
- 1997: Our first expansion (+700m²)
- 1998: Our Lining department is created
- 2000: Our lathe capacity is increased: Ø508
- 2001: Our Flange and Bearing Supply and Assembly department is created
- 2002: Creation of a drum calculation program
- 2004: Implementation of a huge SNG type pillow block stock
- 2006: Our lathe capacity is increased: Ø800
- 2008: Our second expansion (+1100m²)
- 2010: Our lathe capacity is increased: Ø1200
- 2011: Acquisition of Solid Works (3D modeling)
- 2012: An increase in rubber-coating capacity and types
- 2013: Our machine park is enlarged and our calculation software is upgraded